Jul 4, Kathmandu- Australian cricketer Mitchell Starc has ruled himself out of the Big Bash League (BBL). The 12th edition of BBL is starting from December. But Australian fast bowler Starc has said he will not play in the BBL.
The multi-format star Starc was expected to play in the second round as the ODI series against South Africa is set to be canceled in January.
Starc, 32, last played in the BBL from the Sydney Sixers in 2014-15. He has not played in the BBL since then.
"I had fun when I played BBL. But in the last seven years, my attitude towards all franchise cricket has not changed", Stark said he wanted to be fit for Australia and perform well.
After the tour of Sri Lanka, Australia will play a white ball series with Zimbabwe, New Zealand, India, England, and West Indies. The T20 World Cup will then be played at home.
Before the BBL, West Indies and South Africa are scheduled to play the Test series. "The schedule for the next 18 months is ridiculous. I always keep Australian cricket in mind, and then franchise cricket", said Star, " I like to spend time at home and with family.