Mother And Daughter Died In A Fire Due To Gas Leak

Sep 16, Kathmandu- A mother and daughter of the same house died when a gas stove leaked and caught fire. 32-year-old Rebati Thapa and her nine-month-old daughter Ritu Thapa died in a fire started by a gas stove in the house of Shuk Bahadur Thapa in Triveni Rural Municipality-2 Dhamidhunga.

After eating and sleeping on Friday night, they didn't wake up until late in the morning and when the locals opened the door, they found them in a burnt state. According to the police, they died when the gas stove caught fire in their sleeping quarters.

Gopal Shrestha, spokesperson of District Police Office Salyan, said that the police have reached the spot and are investigating the incident.